future is in
A GREAT SCHOOL does more than educate. At its best, it can inspire the courage to make a better world.
Martin Luther King Jr., Harriet Tubman, and Helen Keller had it. Do you have it? Do we have it? How can we teach it?
By being courageous. Thinking ahead. And having a plan.
Prepare students for acceptance into the high school of their choice while encouraging lifelong learning, passion for discovery, respect for differences, deepening of faith, and an embrace of individual excellence.
- Student Experience: Ensure that students feel supported and that they understand how meeting expectations leads to success.
- Discipline and Behavior: Maintain a school culture that respects the dignity of every human being.
- Admissions: Assure a diverse student body in alignment with our academic standards.
“From a foundation of wisdom, faith, and community, we help students find their true north.”– The Rev. Brian Sullivan, Head of School
Inspire intellectual curiosity, allow for creative expression, and encourage students to explore learning without limits.
- Support students in achieving milestones tied to our unique academic standards.
- Set measurable objectives for all areas of the curriculum.
- Implement professional collaboration standards between and among the faculty and staff.
- Benchmark the long-term success of our students beyond graduation.
“The appetite grows for what it feeds on."– Ida B. Wells
Inspire academic leaders to nurture growth and learning in every child, every day.
- Continue to retain faculty and staff.
- Provide high impact professional development for faculty and staff.
- Continue an attractive compensation program including salaries and benefits.
- Maintain a culture that fosters the school’s values.
“We have before us the glorious opportunity to inject a new dimension of love into the veins of our civilization.”— The Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Establish long-term financial stability through skilled management, sound investment of resources, and successful fundraising while maintaining high standards of academic excellence.
- Maintain financial stability while driving innovation.
- Create an internal quantitative and qualitative dashboard to track key school measures.
- Raise contributions to support the current and future needs of the school.
- Assess and support tuition assistance programs.
“No one has the right to consume happiness without producing it.”– Helen Keller
Maintain a campus that supports academic innovation, invites collaboration, and fully accommodates our values.
- Create a campus master plan that includes a clear timeline to begin campus expansion and building process.
- Ensure that the campus master plan maximizes the effectiveness of existing facilities.
“By wisdom a house is built, and by understanding it is established; by knowledge the rooms are filled with all precious and pleasant riches.”– Proverbs 24:3-4
Embrace the highest standards of governance, led by a diverse group of trustees who are invested in the success of our students, live our values, establish strategic direction, and exercise exemplary stewardship.
- Activate trustees to focus time, talent, knowledge and financial resources on supporting the mission of the school.
- Implement strategic plan 2018-2023.
“He has told you, O mortal, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?”– Micah 6:8
St. Benedict’s Episcopal School graduates
scholars who are confident, courageous, compassionate leaders, respectful of diversity and grounded in faith.
Our MissionSt. Benedict’s is a school of choice for preschool through 8th grade families focused on:
Embracing the Values of Episcopal Education
- Expand facilities to accommodate our unique educational model.
- Preserve our community by remaining three classes or less of preschool-8th grade.
- Create a marketing and communications strategy.
- Exceed traditional standards for each student in every grade.
- Mirror the local community in religious, cultural and racial diversity.
- Integrate STEAM* into our unique and collaborative curriculum.
- Align afterschool care and club programming with academically focused and engaging extracurricular activities.
- Build an operating reserve of at least 5% of expenses.
Are you ready to help St. Benedict’s inspire the courage to make a better world?